A Nationwide Network Doing More To Promote Registration
ARORA Workplace Partners are employers that offer their employees information, support and opportunity to help restore lives through organ and tissue donor registration.
There is no cost to businesses to become Workplace Partners. The ARORA Workplace Partnership Coordinator works with each partner to customize employee education activities that match each company’s number of employees, time and educational goals. Some ideas for implementing a company organ donation awareness plan are listed below. For more information about becoming a Workplace Partner with ARORA, contact us at 501.907.9126.
- Invite ARORA to set up a donor drive at your business. Some companies create registration competitions among departments or field offices
- Send a paper, electronic or voice message promoting donation from the CEO to each employee
- Add a pro-donation message to employee pay stubs each month of the year
- Sponsor a presentation on donation: invite donors, recipients, donor family members and transplant professionals to create a one-hour program for employees. “Lunch and Learns” are a great way to do this
- Include information in your company newsletter or electronic message board. Feature stories about employees who are recipients, donors, donor family members or employees who are in need of a transplant
- Make donation stickers for ID badges available to employees who are registered as organ and tissue donors
- Hold a Blue and Green Day during Organ Donor Awareness Month in April. Provide green ribbon pins or stickers for employees to wear in honor of organ donors